Favourite Political Insults
Politicians have to be able to put each other down and insult others. Usually they do this in a nice way, or delicate way. But sometimes their insult stands out as a particularly harsh one, or particularly acerbic. And the media love to put down politicians, too.
Here for your enjoyment are the best ten put downs by politicians or of politicians as voted for by you, the knowing reader, of Saidwhat Quotes:
More Quotation Surveys >>>
- "Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink"
"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."
Winston Churchill to Lady Astor
- A sheep in sheep's clothing.
- Winston Churchill on Clement Attlee
- Reckless with our government; reckless with his own future, position and place in history.
- Clare Short on Tony Blair
- It was absolutely stupid, a stupid, stupid thing to do. Part of the problem is that he lacks confidence. He is nervous.
- Charles Clarke attacking Labour Chancellor Gordon Brown
- He says he works out because it clears his mind. Sometimes just a little too much.
- Jay Leno on George W Bush
- Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.
- Nikita Khrushchev
- Most politicians, and most politics, are boring... I don't think I am boring.
- George Galloway
- He presided over an appalling period in government communication.
- Bernard Ingham on Alastair Campbell
- a - You are the deals-on-wheels Prime Minister.
b - I have a big dossier on his past, and I did not even have to sex it up!
- Michael Howard to Tony Blair
- If Labour wins today can the last person to leave Britain please turn off the lights?
- The Sun newspaper on the prospect of a Labour government
| | Content Management System by: